Pages

Sunday 22 February 2015

No sweat smoothies ♥


Banana


I am obsessed by healthy smoothies but find them a bit of a hassle to be honest with a billion complicated and expensive ingredients! So I've created a few simple and delicious recipes I thought I would share with you, the first being banana :D

What you will need for 1 portion-

 1 banana- I find it tastes better if the banana is slightly brown as it's sweeter.

 1 teaspoon of Honey- Both clear runny honey and set honey work well- you can also add more for extra sweetness.

 Unsweetened almond milk- 2/3 full of your chosen glass - My favourite brand is the Alpro almond milk- Almond milk is a really healthy alternative to regular cows milk (which I don't like) and tastes great!

 1 handful of ice- I used crushed but any ice is fine :)

 A blender- My blender is the KitchenAid Artisan blender linked here. - I would definitely recommend this - it can be used for so many things as well as smoothies and just blends really well!- but any good blender is perfect!

 An optional 2 teaspoons of peanut butter could be added for a yum peanut banana smoothie but I decided to stick to just banana.




Instructions-

1- Add your handful of ice into the blender.


2- Add your banana in pieces.


3- Pour almond milk into the glass you would like to drink your smoothie from and fill it 2/3 of the way full.
- pour this into the blender.


4- Add your teaspoon of honey.

5- Blend- On my blender I pulse the smoothie first to blend the ice then blend it on the smoothie setting to make a smooth drink.


6- Pour into your glass, add a straw and an optional stirrer and ENJOY!!!


This is perfect for a pre or post workout boost and is what I usually drink it for, but it's also amazing for breakfast or a mid-day pick me up. :D


Health benefits-

For those of you who are interested, this smoothie as well as being delish is super good for you and comes with a tonne of health benefits, these are just a few-

♥  Firstly this smoothie only contains around 150 calories.

 Low in fat but high in energy, protein and fibre = amazing for pre or post workout.

 Good for healthy skin as it is Packed with vitamin E and antioxidants.

 A natural source of carbohydrate = helps to reduce muscle fatigue post workout

 And it will also help you to sustain blood sugar levels during a workout thus providing you with long lasting energy!


I love reading recipe posts so I hope you liked this and enjoy the smoothie if you make it :D

Ellie xox






4 comments:

  1. Yum! Also, thanks for the peanut butter tip - would never have thought to use it in a smoothie! x

    Jessica Marie | JESMGIA

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious Ellie! Will make sure to try it out!

    ReplyDelete